Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Saturday, August 23, 2008

New..new...new

It's all new!


So I never really understood how many firsts there are being pregnant with number 1. I don't hate pregnancy, some of it is pretty crappy but it's more joyous so all that is outweighed. I finally feel stable in the nausea department. I sometimes feel a little fatigued but it's not the same as the "morning sickness" stuff. For me morning was the wrong word. All day would be a better way to say my round of nausea. I also get dizzy and am super tired...like rubbing my eyes like a little kid tired. Every afternoon I try to take a nap because if I don't I can't pick myself up after 7pm. Anyway, here are my new pregnancy things:

Hating food. even now, beginning my 5th month, I hate food.

Eating way less than I ever have before. Apparently we have a chunker as a baby, I have no room for my stomache to expand.

Completely zero desire to put makeup on or really wear anything but basketball shorts and a tee

A constant stuffy/runny nose. Seriously, all the time

No ability to hold off on bathroom trips

Going up the stairs is my Mount Everest. I'm huffing at the top.

Bloodhound super smell. I can smell everything and most of the time; it's disgusting

Dreams are real. I wake up and I can recount every detail almost perfectly. They are so vivid and ridiculously strange.

My tummy pokes out. I have never looked this stomache heavy in my life and I love the excuse. It's been nice for me though (I don't think I show that much for how far I am) I fit into every pair of shorts and jeans. But I still poke out a little.



I really like the new stuff. I can't wait for more to come; the first kicking, when we find out boy or girl, and of course the day of the arrival. So fun

7 comments:

Naomi said...

You are explaining my pregnancy exactly. Except I was nauseous and throwing up 24/7. It is all worth it though. Being a mother is the best thing in the world! Hang in there!

Chanté said...

You are so cute! I can't believe how tiny you are! I looved being pregnant. I didn't get sick at all but was soooo tired.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Oh how darling! I can't wait to see your growing tummy, I am basically obsessed with all things pregnancy and I totally second all those comments, it's such a bizarre world:)

Matt and Piper said...

I'm so excited for you. I hope that we'll be able to see you before the baby gets too big.

I wass't sick at all but every week my body decided that it wouldn't keep the food down, so I was throwing up without feeling sick. Hope it gets better.
Piper

Judd Family said...

Mal,
Oh the joys of pregnancy!! Trust me there will be plenty more firsts. I hated the first part of pregnancy and vowed that I would only have one child but now it is a lot better. Second trimesster is the best so enojy!

Gentry

The DeGraffs said...

Hey! Im so excited for you and your new bundle! Thats awesome Mal. I miss ya at the PF. But thanks for the cat advice. I need a new little buddy. I would take Chicken over any other cat in the world but I cant have him so I should just save another little kitty from the dreaded pound right?

Aubrey said...

You are definitely small, but cute. Fun stuff and I can remember all of it, but the baby makes it all worthwhile. Good luck and if you ever come to Utah be sure to let me know!