Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Thursday, August 14, 2008

XXIX Summer Olympic Games

The Olympics are definitely in full swing now. And I have watched it non stop. We have been recording so much that it has pushed everything else off our DVR. I think it's great.

My in-laws just got back for China. they went to the Opening Ceremonies and a few other events. I can't imagine being there now. Just awesome. They brought us back some really neat stuff. They got a bunch of little trinket stuff; bracelets, washclothes, pens, stickers, Opening ceremony memorabilia. We also got cell phone and key chaines, earrings, a beautiful chopsticks set, David got a tie and I got a pearl necklace. I'm excited to see their pictures too!

I've been pretty pleased with the events that have been broadcast. It also helps to have about 6 different channels covering 24 hours a day. My favorite events (in no particular order) are;


Who could not watch Michael Phelps







I really enjoy watching May-Treanor/Welsh



I'm really glad both men and women from USA got on the medal Podium. I think the women blew it. They really could have fixed a bunch of mistakes but I enjoyed it.




Maybe why I like diving so much is because my
mom did it when she was younger and so when
we went swimming we always asked her to show
us her stuff!

I like to watch any and all the events though. I hope everyone is watching them too!!! GO USA

2 comments:

kellie and craig said...

What? You did not inform me that you In-laws were going to china. That is so dang cool and I am so jealous. That must have been amazing. You'll have to show me some of the stuff they got or just take pictures and post them eh?

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

So Jealous...we are struggling to get the Olympics on our TV in Korea. We can get stations in English, but everything is listed in Korean and we have hundreds of channels with a weird channel system! I would give anything to watch just a little!