Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Women's Conference 2008


Ok, so every year for the past three years, my mother and I have gone to BYU Women's Conference. Each year we pick up more people to go with. My grandma, aunts, cousins, etc. It is something I look forward to all year and am excited for many more traditions of annual Women's conference. Like my mom, I love to do the humanitarian aid projects while listening to the classes. This year I completed 2 baby blankets and 1 1/2 loomed hats. I feel so homemaker-like. Another favorite is seeing the mass herds of women gathered all across campus, each filled with excitement over their latest spiritual feeding. For me, it doesn't matter what the class is on or who is speaking, there is always something that the spirit can and does teach. I learn how to be a better wife, neighbor, daughter, friend; person. Sheri Dew spoke at our Friday morning session and it was a phenomenal and extremely touching talk. She encouraged women of the church to be different, that we have a sacred duty to set the example. An example that helps women to shed forth their light and knowledge to the world. She asked, "We should be far more distinctive than even the very finest women in the world. Are we?"

The spirit that can be felt at the conference is so very strong. For those who have never attended, I encourage you to look into it for 2009. Go to http://ce.byu.edu/cw/womensconference

No comments: