Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sur-ock @ the Daines Home

So last night was the big final-e of American Idol. This was my first season experience and I actually really like the show. After David Cook was announced as the Idol for Season 7, my husband was surprised and I was shocked thus we were sur-ocked. Now, it wasn't a bad thing. Cook is not a bad choice and he has had a few songs that I have like; (Billie Jean, Eleanor Rigby) hmm...girl songs.... anyway, but he hasn't been my pick. Archuleta has been my vote since day one. He totally has a better voice and he's so funny in front of the camera; just a cute little boy. I always thought Cook seemed a bit arrogant but at the same time a nice enough guy. My husband likes him better and has since the beginning but he did think that Archuleta was going to win. 12 million votes....kinda sounds like a lot but the 56% to 44% doesn't. Anyway, needless to say we were not expecting the outcome of last night's Idol results. However, I'm ok with it. Archuleta will get a great contract and I'll buy his CD.

2 comments:

kellie and craig said...

I agree with you 100%

David and Wendy Pendergrass said...

Hey Malerie, I didn't know you had a blog. Now, i can check you out on the computer instead of knocking on your door to find out what is going on!Just kidding!

I was bummed about Archuleta too, but we think of it this way: God must have intervened so that fame wouldn't go to his head and then he would drop his mission and the church. You never know!