Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Will Survive....Hey Hey!

For as long as I can remember, my mother has been running. She is this skinny little petite woman with legs. She's done races throughout her life and just finished her first triathlon...GO MOM!



Since she loves to run she has tried to get me to share in the passion....to no avail. I hate running. For those who run; why do you do something that makes your body hurt? It just doesn't feel good to me and never has. I haven't lasted 2 weeks in a running workout. Sorry mom it just workes better for people like you.
Then I get married and low and behold, my mother-in-law....a runner. She is built much the same as my mom, skinny little petite, with strength. She has done multiple races including the Boston Marathon this year...GO MOM-IN-LAW.



With both sides invested in running, it was inevitable; I began another attempt at running. To be honest, I never really trained nor did a get to a vigorous workout routine but for whatever reason, and I still don't really have one; I signed up for the BolderBoulder 10k in Colorado. GO ME!



What do you know, I finished. I finished faster than I thought I would. For me, 12 min. miles are stellar. The legacy continues




7 comments:

kellie and craig said...

Go You! I'm so proud of you sis. Too bad I couldn't join in on the fun with you:( I would have loved to come and run with you. Don't worry next year we'll run the whole thing non-stop. Hope to play with you guys soon. Love ya

tiffany said...

way to go Maler! I'm so proud of you!

Aubrey said...

Good for you, I'm glad you stuck it out. I would like to something like that someday. You beat me to it and I like to run!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

K, that is seriously so rad, I am very proud of you. I still have a major goal to run a marathon...you have inspired me further!

aaron and meg facer said...

Congratulations, Mal! That's awesome! I bet both of your running moms are proud of you.

megan nice said...

way to go malerie! although i do have to say i am in the same camp as you; i HATE running.


m

'anny M said...

Go, girl! I am so proud of you! This is just the beginning, then. When we gonna run together again? I say you, me, and Donna should definitely run in Washington or Idaho. What say you? Maybe even a hike to the top of Timp in Utah. The Y was only the beginning.

Love, Mom