Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Friday, February 18, 2011

Mommy Moments

As I was holding my little girl tonight, putting her to sleep, I had a few thoughts...as I usually do when I have quiet time without distraction. For my own benefit, I would like to jot them down. I think I'll try to do this occasionally as an added supplement to my journal.

Sometimes as a 'First-time Mom' we might feel like we are the young-ones of the group. Here are my personal feelings on that. And what I would tell every new mom out there.

You are the best mom ever. Just because you are a 'First-time Mom' doesn't mean you are inferior to other moms. Other moms are not better than you, nor are they or ever were a more experienced 'First-time mom'. No one gets to do their first child experience over again--whatever mistakes they made are past and they learn from them and keep on going. By the time a mom has child number 2, they have crossed over into 'First-time mother of 2'; it's all new territory and everything is new again with two.

So don't ever feel like someone might do it better, or that you are failing, or anything else. Your kid(s) are yours. Whether you have 1, 2, or 5 kids; no one is better than you. You are the BEST mom...because you are their mom---anyone besides you wouldn't measure up. Just keep going. Take some advice, mix it with your own intuition, and then dump the rest. You'll figure it out...and you'll LOVE the journey.

No comments: