Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chelsea Month:4

I can't believe she is already 4 months old

I can't believe she is ONLY 4 months old

Funny that I feel both of these to be true.
Time is just flying by and yet I can't imagine when we didn't have our Chelsea Goo










*Chels loves her jump up. It gives her a better view of the world around her
*This is my smilely girl. She is super happy and such a great entertainer.
* She loves to play with her lips and tongue...we get lots of drool this way too!


*We still have a great sleeper on our hand. She sleeps 15 hours with 2, sometimes 1, feeding in between.
*Her favorite sleep position is on her side, her head stretched all the way back, and her back arched.



*Chelsea loves to play with her blankets. 9 out of 10 times when I go to get her from her crib she has the blanket pulled up over her face. Even if a tuck them in around her...she manages to find the edge and pull. She just loves to have something to hold. (recently mom's hair has become a favorite)




*Since she was 1 month old, Chels has had a HORRIBLE skin condition on her face. It started out as awful acne. Then went to rashy splotches and then to super dry patches.
It was always super red and inflammed and would go through a cycle of super dry, crack, ooze, look like a layer of skin had been burned off and then all over again. Plus it was very itchy and irritating to her. Poor girl!




We went to the dermatologist this month and he said is was eczema that has been infected with some sort of bacteria. (my poor kids get the eczema from me...sorry!) She is now on antibiotics and both a steroid and non-steroid cream medication. Hopefully we can keep it under control from now on.





I love how my girl smells and the way she gets super excited and flails her arms and legs when she's playing on the ground. I love the way her brother loves her and how he misses her when she's taking a nap. I love our mother/daughter conversations and that I still have many more hours of holding, rocking, and loving my baby. Happy 4 months sweetie girl!

5 comments:

Esplins said...

Oh her sweet little cheeks. They look so painful. Hopefully the new meds/cream will help her. Can't believe she is already 4 months! She's just growing up too fast. What a sweet post!

Chantal Marie said...

Ok so my brother is a pharmacist and I have a couple of nieces with really bad eczema and Andrews little brother had it too. The doctors could find stuff that would help but no cures so my brother recommended getting coal tar and straight nivea oil and mix the two. It only takes like a cap full of coal tar (which can be hard to find by the way) to a medium sized bottle of the oil. It'll make her skin slightly brown and it doesn't smell great but it has worked for everyone i know that has tried it.

Aubrey said...

I had eczema really bad as a kid, and Boston will sometimes get flare up patches. Once the bacteria clears up, get Resinol from your pharmacy - they usually have to order it in for you but its not a prescription. It is seriously the most AMAZING cream ever for flare ups. We even use it on diaper rashes, scrapes, itchiness--anything skin related. It heals most things overnight. I love it.

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

oh how I wish I could see her in person. I am pretty sure she would tower over Scott. She is such a cutie. Keep the good work you are such a sweet mom.

Jennifer said...

Have you considered food allergies? Even is she is exclusively breastfed, something you are eating could be causing the eczema. My second had severe dairy allergy that showed up as eczema. Cutting it out of my diet really helped. My fifth was allergic to wheat and soy. Again, elimination from my diet for about 5 months cleared his skin up.