Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Virtue

To all past or present Young Women:


My dear sister-in-law Mindy suggested that we heed the call to complete the added value to the YW program, virtue. This 8th value was added almost a year ago and I think it's time for me to get it started. I love that Mindy reminded me of this. I welcome each of you to join in and finish this added value with me. It doesn't have to take a lot of your time. Little by little is all it will require.
Mindy included this quote in her "call" to us and I would like to also;

"I truly believe that one virtuous young woman or young man, led by the Spirit, can change the world, but in order to do so, we must return to virtue. We must engage in strict training. As the marathon runner, Juma Ikangaa said after winning the New York Marathon, "The will to win is nothing without the will to prepare." Now is the time to prepare by exercising more self-disipline. Now is the time to prepare to become "more fit for the kingdom." Now is the time to set our course and focus on the finish. A return to virtue must begin individually in our hearts and in our homes."
--Elaine S. Dalton, YW General President.

If any of you haven't completed your Young Womanhood Regcognition, it's never too late. You can start now. Good luck, and I'll try and continue to throw out updates as I go along and encourage you to also!


Complete Virtue Requirements
http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=12426f5e8f9c09e9&mt=application%2Fpdf&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmail.google.com%2Fmail%2F%3Fui%3D2%26ik%3D844e8b4374%26view%3Datt%26th%3D12426f5e8f9c09e9%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dattd%26realattid%3Df_g0fszftu0%26zw&sig=AHBy-hZNVUfMR2cQHOZvdUIrdCJEvj9aAA&pli=1

2 comments:

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

Thanks Mal I didn't even know it was add. Uh where have I been.

Esplins said...

Mal it never occurred to me that I should do this but I totally want to. Thanks for the info!!