Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Monday, October 5, 2009

Pajama Fun



Lately it seems that all my pictures are of Carson in the morning, pajamas still on, hanging out on the bed! We've been busy taking trips to the park, going swimming, and this weekend, watching General Conference!



I love General Conference. It's a little more difficult to watch having Carson around. It hit me that in the next 20 years it might be a little hard to watch all 4 sessions. I'm grateful for a DVR so that I can pause and watch later. I'm grateful for the cable that brings it right to my home. I'm grateful for the Ensign months where conference is printed and I can read what I might have missed or forgotten. I think some of my most memorable testimony building moments have come from General Conference.
As a child I loved the fact that we were able to stay home from church, watch in our living room--usually in pajamas, and be with the family all day. Now I find that I still love all of those aspects that I loved as a child but I cherish more the words and teaching that I can recieve. There were some great talks at the 179th Semi-Annual conference. I loved the message from Elder Bednar on displaying love to our family members and what it can bring. Elder Hollands talk was powerful on the Book of Mormon and the testimony he bore of it. I enjoyed the message of the Holy Ghost from many speakers and felt edified after President Uctdorf spoke of God's Love. What a privilage we have to hear from our church leaders.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said Mal, thanks. I loved all of those talks as well. Cute pictures.