Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Son



He is finally here! Carson Scott Daines was born February 12, 2009 by emergency C-Section. The little guy was having distress while I was in labor and when his heart rate dropped to 40 we were rushed into surgery. What was causing such distress...Carson's love of acrobatics. The cord was wrapped around his waist twice and then around each foot!



Our miracle baby weighed 7 lbs 5 oz and measured 19 3/4 in. He made his appearance at 5:50am and his Apgars were 8 & 9. SO HEALTHY! He loves to eat and holds eye contact quite well. We are in love. Daddy is back to work today and misses his son so much. It is my favorite thing to sit on the bed with my boys and watch how much David loves our son.

Here are a few of the greatest things about motherhood that if anyone told me before hand I wouldn't have believed them.

* If we are in the same room but he's lying down and not with me: I Miss Him! I miss holding my baby

* Nursing is one of the most rewarding & enjoyable experiences

* I could stare at him all day; I love to look at my sleeping baby

* Love and Joy is felt so strong that I cry randomly



I couldn't be happier about being a mom. It's hard...as most everyone knows. I am so tired! I'm emotional and things really bother me and then I cry. It seems like I am constantly doing the same things over and over BUT....I have a perfect child. He makes every possible negative go away instantly. Life is great!

18 comments:

tiffany said...

He's absolutely adorable! Congrats!!! I'm so glad to finally see some pics! Best of luck!!

Aubrey said...

yayy!! He is so precious, I'm glad everything turned out okay!

Shirley said...

Malerie & David,

Congratulations!!! He is adorable!!! I love it that you are loving every little second already. It truly goes so quickly! Hooray for such a healthy baby and a happy family!!!

Love,
Shirley Baltich
(Cousin Brooks's wife in Richmond VA)

The Wrights said...

Wow! What a delivery story! I am so glad everything is ok for you! He is adorable! Congrats!

The Payne Family said...

Yay Mal!! Congrats... he is so adorable. I'm glad everything turned ok. It must have been a little scary at first but I'm sure it was all worth it when you got to hold your precious baby. Congrats again, I am so excited for you!

kellie and craig said...

That first pic he looks JUST like David! He's so cute, he looks totally different than the pic you sent me when he was born. Isn't being a mother the greatest?! It is hard, if you ever want to cry give me a call cause I do it a lot!

Livvy's Mom said...

Mal he is SOOOO cute! I am so Glad things worked out. C-sections aren't the best but I am glad they are an option when it comes to saving the baby!

Piper said...

Hey I know that everyone wants to have a "normal" delivery, but c-sections aren't that bad. I would have died if I couldn't have had one. He is beautiful, and I know that you'll love him, no matter what.

Nora Explora said...

Hey Mal, congratulations! Carson looks adorable and it seems like you couldn't be happier. Your little family is just perfect! I am so incredibly happy that everything went well. All the best for you, David and the baby!!
P.S. Are you sure that the tiredness is related to motherhood, cuz I've been suffering from that as well lately. *lol*

Sarah said...

oh my gosh! congrats to you!! your little boy is ADORABLE! I am so excited for you!

Sara said...

Mal, Hey there...it's me, one of those Halladay girls. Congrats on the new baby. Being a mom is lots of work but so worth it. Hope you're doing well. Kiss Kiss -Sara-

Aubrey said...

Hey! Congrats and I am glad he is okay and doing great. Good luck! If you ever visit, let me know, I'd love to see you, actually Carson, but you too.

aaron and meg facer said...

Congratulations! We're so excited for you. Thank goodness everything turned out okay with the birth. Silly kid just wanted to stay inside!

Abbie said...

Congrats Mal!!! He is beautiful. I'm glad you guys are doing great :)

Michelle said...

I am so happy for you and David Mal. Keep up the good work and I understand about all your comments. Its such a weepy time and no sleep doesn't help anthing. Congratulations!! My sis in law Anjali just had her baby today just after midnight and so he was born on his Dads birthday. She was due on the 19th. See ya

Esplins said...

So I have this thing about writing comments and then clicking cancel instead of submit. I don't know but I wrote a comment very first like right after you posted this and it's not here. Hmmmm... I think I just go too fast and click the wrong thing. Anyway he's adorable and definitely looks like David. Sorry we've been playing phone tag. I'll try this week after school. I usually call on my drive home. Hopefully I can catch you. Hope all is well. Love you Malie!!

Meg 'n Heath said...

What an amazing thing, getting a brand new baby. its the closest to a piece of heaven we get. so special, congrats!

The Nog Naugles said...

Hey lady! You look amazing and Carson is a doll! Im so excited and happy for you!