Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Desserts everyone should be making

So, I wait and wait for it to finally be October 1st so that I can make my favorite desserts. I wanted to pass along these recipes so that everyone could enjoy. I must admit that neither one is my own. I borrowed both so I don't get the credit.

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

1 small can pumpkin mix
1 pkg spice cake mix
chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients (add chocolate chips as you desire). Bake at 350 for 15 min or til tops are brown. Seriously easy.

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
2 C. sugar
1 C. veg. oil
1 16oz can pumpkin (NOT the seasoned pie filling)
2 C. flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. vanilla
Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs, sugar, & oil. Add pumpkin and mix. Add dry ingredients & Mix. Grease & Flour Costco size Cookie Sheet. Pour batter onto cookie sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool & Frost.

Frosting
1 cube margarine
1 tsp. vanilla
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 8oz. cube of cream cheese

Mix margarine, cream cheese & vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add powdered sugar, blend until smooth.

For the record, I enjoy the bars much more without chocolate chips. To me it brings out the pumpkin flavor but most of the family likes them with. Also, if you are not a pumpkin pie eater....DO NOT let these recipes scare you. They are nothing like the pie. ENJOY!!!

3 comments:

tiffany said...

Gosh! I love fall! Yum!! i'm coming over.... :-)

tracy said...

Thanks for the recipes Mal because I love, love, love pumpking desserts especially with chocolate chips! I have to try the bars.

tracy said...

I made the pumpkin bars this weekend for the ladies I visit teach, but there were plenty left over for our family, and man were they were so delicious! Thanks for the recipe.