Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Monday, October 10, 2011

Waiting

Today (and for the last several days) I have been waiting for....

*The weather to get cooler. I really am ready for 50-60 degrees. I want to wear jeans and longsleeves and not get hot playing outside. I am ready for jackets & fuzzy crocs, hot chocolate & spiced cider.

*The holidays. With cooler weather comes decorations, fall baking, holiday shopping, birthdays, & family time. I already told David that the Christmas decor is going up after Halloween this year. I love pies, caramel apples, all the food of the season. I love family football, late night games, caroling, and wrapping presents. I love warm fall colors and bright Christmas colors. I love the nativity story and think maybe this year it will make more sense to my children. I love smiling neighbors, door bell suprises, & people bustling about as they conquer their own holiday agenda. I really love this time of year.

*David to finish school. I know, I know, he is not even halfway thru. I miss my husband. I miss Saturdays. It is no longer a family day. Just another day without Dad. We don't have the whole family cuddle time in Mom and Dad's bed because he is always absent. I am grateful for the opportunity that he has to go to school and the sacrafice is worth it. But I'm waiting.

*My brother to come home. Elder Facer will be home from Norway Janurary 12. Just today he wrote in his email of his relief that he was once again reassured of that departure date and not the sooner possibility. I have to feel a little guilty for in his joy, is my dissapointment. I wish he was going to be home for Christmas. I am stoked that Seth, Hansen, and Angie will be there. I can't wait to see them!!! It would be perfect if Garrett was going to be there too. Guess he's a better person than I am. Who can blame him? He wants to serve the Lord in that capacity for as long as he can.

*My friends to come see me. Doesn't any one want to come see me? I come back to visit them...and I look forward to it SO much. Maybe its not recipricol. Or maybe its not as easy I think it is.

*A car. We knew that a new car was enevitable in the next few years. David's just doesn't have the life capacity to hold out for long. It seems like it may have served its time. To fix its most recent repair might not be worth the cost of the vehicle. David won't drive it to work since we aren't sure how reliable it is--and I absolutely HATE driving the thing. Let's just say I wasn't there when he bought it. That was pre-Malerie era. That leaves us with the next decision. What do we do...and what do we get...and how much do we spend?

*That right feeling that we're ready for another baby. I can't believe I was already 8 weeks pregnant with Chelsea when Carson was her age now. He seemed so much older than she is. So much less baby like. Did I mentally make him older because I was expecting another? Maybe, but Chels is still my baby for now. I do miss the little newborn/infant stages. I think I'll always love that. I'm just not ready for another human being in the family. Babies do grow up! For now my two are perfect. But that third will come, sometime.

*The exercise bug to bite me. Maybe I will NEVER have that push, that desire to have a consistant roustine. I know what I don't like, but there are things that I DO like. Why can't that be enough? Why do I have to make it happen? Why do I have to have a lengthy conversation with myself titled, "To work out now or not", only to have it fizzle and die with "NOT". Anyone have tips?

*My kids to wake up. They are both down for a nap (yay!) but---I'm ready to see them again. To hug and kiss their cheeks. I LOVE my kids! I miss them when they're right here, in the house, sleeping! Isn't that funny? They're just great kids like that. You always want them around.

I guess I'll just keep playing the waiting game. Its one I don't particularly mind.

2 comments:

todd and erin said...

The waiting game is a fun one huh? I am also waiting on many of the things you are waiting for. On one hand, I just want those things to be here. On the other hand, I am trying SO hard to just enjoy the now. I don't do so well at that most days. But know you aren't alone! :)

Esplins said...

Oh Mal I know what you mean. I think life is just one big waiting game if we let it be like that. It's hard not to focus on when something will happen. I too am excited for the holidays! And I would love to come visit but it's definitely easier said than done. And good luck with the car situation. We know Steve's is on its last leg too. Hopefully it will get us through the winter but if not, we'll be in your shoes too. Let me know what you come up with. Good luck with your waiting :)