Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Monday, March 8, 2010

How does this happen?

You would think that since I am in the hair cutting field that I would be able to keep up with my own hair needs....nope!



I haven't had my hair cut since July and it was time for a trim and some shaping. I have had some bad luck in the past with finding a good hair stylist. The only haircuts I have liked are from my hair school friends and then my cousin Piper. (my mom is pretty good too!) But the other haircuts I've had have been disastrous.

So did some research and found a place that I thought would be pretty good. I walk in and find that Sandy is a male. Ok, I can deal with that. And no, not gay; that was made abundantly clear. A strange 55 year old man but he seemed to be listening while I explained I wanted an inch off the bottom and the layers 3 inches about that looking very shattered not steppy. I also told him the razor has been used to create that look I like. I really felt like we were on the same exact page. (oh, yeah I don't tell hairstylist that I do hair just cause I don't think it's relivant and might just make them nervous) Anyway. The longest time I've ever spent in a chair for a trim and shaping! Finally he gets a mirror.


I HATE IT! Holy cow. Worst haircut ever! I mean, not just was it totally not what I asked for but it looks horrible. Some times I've gotton something different then what I asked for but it looks like an actual haircut. Not this. He did take an inch off the bottom but then I have layers 6 inches above that....and it looks like a lawn mower hacked across my hair. NO razor was used and it's just a bunch of cut lines all over my head.

This is what I don't get....I said I liked it, that it was excellant, and then tipped him $7. How does that happen? What is wrong with me!

4 comments:

The Wrights said...

Any time you need a hair cut.. I would love to do it for you. I am so sorry.. It's hard being a hair stylist and not having anyone be able to cut your hair the way you know you would if you could cut it your self. Good thing hair grows out!!! Hang in there..

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

I hate getting my hair cut for the same reason! The last time I thought I would make it simple for the girl and just ask for a nice trim of the end. No layers nothing fancy. Well that didn't work I got home and found several large strands of hair that were longer than the others and fixed it myself.

tracy said...

I'm so sorry Mal! Bad haircuts make one want to hide! Hopefully you can find someone (by word of mouth) to fix it? Good luck to you.

dawnanne said...

umm. this post needs a picture--it can't be that bad mal, you are such a darling girl!