Learn about our Church

Learn about our Church
Learn about our Church

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Day of Accomplishments

Today has been a very productive day in this household. It's great because there are some days that I don't even make it in the shower (yikes!) So to be able to have multiple accomplishments....well we might as well brag..I mean BLOG about it!
My kitchen has never had all of the dishes washed, put away, counters wiped and floor mopped since arriving home from the hospital. (except for when my mom was here--oh and the weekend my dad came) I pretty much can't keep a clean house without help. But today I DID! Wahoo sorry no pictures

I have not had the opportunity or maybe taken the opportunity to blow dry my hair and really get ready for the day with an outfit and all. Today was the first for me!

so vain


Carson is spoiled..oh wait don't they say you can't spoil a newborn? Ok but he is lucky since he sleeps in our bed every night and takes naps in our bed too. But not today. Carson is still sleeping this very minute in his crib and is going on 3+ hours!!

poor kid..had some breakouts

He also usually has to be rocked, nursed, or pacified to sleep. Today I set him in the crib when he was droopy and went to sleep on his own!



There is so much learning going on with him lately. He has found his hands and sometimes manages to find his thumb to suck on. The best new thing he learned was when he finally smiled for Mom. Aww...so precious. He smiled for dad and Aunt Pamela first so when he smiled yesterday for me it was too cute. I love my little boy and all the joy he brings into our lives!



His 1 month stats:
*9lbs 14 oz
*22 1/4 in
*sleeps ave 5 hours a night
* 0 teeth
* no new words

10 comments:

tiffany said...

I'm so proud of you! haha! i can't believe how big he's getting. he's darling! You look fabulous by the way! I miss you! I'm so glad to see an update!

The Payne Family said...

Oh my goodness, a month already!?! Where has the time gone? You both look amazing. Isn't it so nice when you get things done... such a relief!

kellie and craig said...

You look great sis, you little hottie! I keep saying this Carson looks just like David, especially in that first pic of him, what a little cutie he is. I can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!

Dave and Abby said...

When you're pregnant you seem to only hear the exciting aspects of: birth, nursing, baby-showers, shopping, blow-outs, sleepless nights, etc, but it is nice to read the other element of it - how busy you are without ever seeming to get much done (like household chores.) Thanks for your post; knowing other womens' kitchens are bomb sites can be very reassuring. Congratulations on your little morsel; he's adorable.
p.s. Ask your husband why he doesn't smile in his photos? Just teasing. I'm so happy for you both.
Abby Nordstrom Thuet

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

what a cute! Congrats on him sleeping so well. I still get excited when Russell will go to sleep in his bed and not mine.

Meg 'n Heath said...

you look so good you look like youve lost all you weight. he is such a cute little boy. i am so happy for you.

oh and i would be careful about that thumb sucker. my little girl is 3 and she cant stop. i will admit it is pretty cute though

The Nog Naugles said...

I cant believe its already been a month! He is so stinkin cute!
Thanks for the name suggestions and such. Im sure she will be named... eventually. :) and I totally love the name Kate! Always have but... Andrew shows no desire to even think about it so I guess I have to be patient.

Esplins said...

Mal you do look great! You lucky girl. What a darling son you have. I can't wait to see you. I'm way excited!

'anny M said...

Mal, you look fantastic and thin. WOW!

Matt and Piper said...

Mal
I found that the best thing for baby acne is the Paul Mitchell Baby don't cry. I love it and my kids have way sensitive skin. I also like that it's only in salons. (I know I'm totally vain like that).